- This event has passed.
MikroFest Helsinki 2018
15 October @ 10:15 am - 19 October @ 11:00 pm UTC+0
Wednesday, October 17th – Seminar Day 1 – TUNING IN
10.15-16.00 Microtonal talks. Venue: Auditorium of the Helsinki Music Centre.
• Juuso Kunttu: Differentiating tuning systems and harmonic systems
• Juho Laitinen: Modes of hearing in microtonally tuned intervals – A case study of Marc Sabat’s Les Duresses
• Tuomas Kettunen: Microtonality in my recent works
• Lidia Ader (RUS): Microtonal music from 1910s to 2010s: Russian experience
Wednesday, October 17th – Opening concert
• 18.00-20.00: Bag of tricks, cave of skills – microtonality in improvisation.
Includes microtonal improvised works by Korvat Auki Ensemble, Juhani T. Vesikkala and Juhani Räisänen, zorm. Also includes works by composers Marc SABAT, Tuomas KETTUNEN, Teemu MASTOVAARA and Matilda SEPPÄLÄ performed by Juho Laitinen and others.
Venue: Vapaan Taiteen Tila (Space for Free Arts), Helsinki.
Tickets 12€, sold at the venue.
Thursday, October 18th – Seminar Day 2 – UP THE TONE LADDER
11.30-16.45 Microtonal talks. Venue: Auditorium of the Helsinki Music Centre.
• Kalle Aho: An Introduction to 17-Tone Equal Temperament
• Christian Klinkenberg (BE): Combining different microtonal scales
• Juhani Nuorvala: My First Steps in 22EDO
• Elisa Järvi: On a Quarter-Tone Piano
• Erik Drescher (GER): The Glissando Flute
17.00-18.00 Panel discussion moderated by Niilo Tarnanen.
Friday, October 19th – Final concert
• 19.00-21.00 Glissando-flute recital concert, performed by Erik Drescher (GER).
Includes recent glissando flute repertoire and world premieres of microtonal works by Alyssa ASKA (AT/USA), Beatrice BARAZZONI (IT), Adrian DEMOČ (SK), Martin RITTER (AT), Juhani T. VESIKKALA (CZ/FIN), and Sowon YUN (GER/KOR).
Venue: Gallery Myymälä2, Helsinki.
Tickets 10€, sold at the venue.
Program books will be for sale for max. 5€ at all events.